7 thoughts on “Greenland

1. Your film about global warming was very interesting and educational to watch. It brought up many interesting aspects of how the global warming affects Greenland and the animals that live there. But it also explains how global warming can have negative effects on humans and animals all over the world. And that made it easier to understand the enormous consequences global warming can have.
    Your film was very well thought out and composed. You all had about the same screen time and brought up many interesting aspects of the problem at hand. But I do miss some things, for example you mostly talked about what the consequences of the ice melting will be. And whilst that was interesting, and it is a very important topic, I would have liked you to explain the causes for global warming in a greater depth and also what the global warming actually is in a more concrete way. The ice melting is just one of the consequences, an important one but still just one of many. I would have liked you to bring up a few more and also what causes global warming.
    I still think it was good that you explained how the ice melting will affect different animal species as I think many people find animals suffering a greater reason to do something about this than just the hard facts and numbers that you usually hear a lot about in media and television.
    You especially brought up how the polar bears will be affected by the ice melting and that made me more involved in what you were talking about as I care a lot about them. But maybe you could have mentioned how the polar bears becoming extinct, or at least the population shrinking, will affect the other animals on Greenland? What part in the eco system does the polar bear play and what would happen to the other animals in the ecosystem if they become extinct?
    Another thing that you did well was that you used many biological terms when you spoke and you spoke clearly. Some words could have been better pronounced but overall you used good language. And you brought up many solutions of what we humans as a whole can do to counter the climate changes and also what we can do on a more personal level.
    But overall your film was very good! Good job!

By Aubry Seery Wredle NA15

2. Hi guys! I really enjoyed watching your short film! I think it was very educational and interesting. You told us about global warming in a way that made the audience listen. You told us about the consequences of global warming really thoroughly. Your language was very good as to pronunciation and flow when speaking. You had a lot of well-placed biological terms. As always you could have told us more facts, but at the same time facts aren’t always the right thing to go with. Sometimes people don’t understand the size of the numbers. I think you guys did a great job with this short film.
    /Filip

3. Good job! I think that you have made it clear to everyone what your movie is about.
    The fact that you have real glaciers (snow) around you made it a hole more interesting.
    I really think that you have a good knowing about your subject and that you know what you are talking about.

You are digging deeper in to the subject by telling us what the problem is and how it’s affecting us. You have clear solutions to the problem in your subject and you can tell us about it.

The way you are presenting the effects on us and our environment makes it more interesting to listen to and it can also affect us to something about it.

One thing that could make this better would be if you could presented some more solutions to the problem and tell us more about them. You could also show us some pictures or film clips that would make the movie easier to understand.

Otherwise a good job! /Tor

4. The film was good! You spoke clearly, explained well, the editing was nice and the variation of filming spots was really good; it gained a lot more interest. It was easy to understand as well. The movie really made me reflect on how big of a probem global warming is. The example about how polar bears might die out was really good.
    Your use of biological terms was also great.
    I don’t have a lot of negative things to say about the film since I feel like you did a great job, but one thing is that you could’ve showed pictures to make it even more interesting and understandable.
    Also, you could’ve talked a little about the greenhouse effect and how it heats the Earth’s surface and lower atmosphere, since it belongs to the topic. You mostly talk about the consequences, so it would’ve been good if you brought up the causes of global warming as well.
    Nice job!
    //Josefin Strandberg

5. I really like your movie. I think your pronunciation was great and the editing as well. I like the fact that you filmed the clips from different angles, it made the whole movie more interesting. Also the background of the movie (the snow) made it more realistic.
    It was easy to keep up with what you were talking about and I could hear what you were saying. You explained things in both biological terms and some in an easier way. It was good that you included some easier explained parts to make it easier to understand what you were talking about. The movie made me reflect on how big the global warming problem is and you explained how people can help to stop the global warming on an individual level as well. The example about the polar bears were interesting. The only thing I wanted to know more about was how the other animals will be effected when the polar bears become extinct and how big part of the ecosystem the polar bear actually is. Otherwise I really liked the movie, maybe you could explain some parts in more detail and include some pictures. Other than that, good job!
    //Hannah Klasson

6. Hello guys! What a great job you have done!
    I think this film was really great because you brought up a subject that is very current right now; global warming. Because of this I also felt inspired about the different aspects you talked about. As global warming is such a serious problem it is intresting and educational to watch your news report. You brought up many different parts of what impact the global warming has on earth and also some side affects, which was great. Your solution on the problem was based on intresting and detailed information and as a listener I felt like I really could relate to it, because it gave a clear pitcure of how we people, both all together and individually, can change and improve our impact on earth.

But I would have been intresting to hear even more about the affects the global warming has on the wildlife on earth. You could have dug deeper into the subject and told about the impact from more viewpoints. I would also have liked deeper information of how it affects a specific organism.
    Otherwise I think you had a great vocabulary and you used a more advanced language which gave a professional impression. It felt like you really knew what you were talking about and it was easy to hear and understand what you were saying, which is a big plus!
    The surrondings in your film as you filmed outside was perfect, because the snow made it feel like you were actually on Greenland. You also kept eyecontact with the camera most of the time which is impressive.
    I really enjoyed watching this film, thank you!
    / Josefine Witt

7. I really liked your movie! Especially the fact that you included how the atmosphere will be affected in the long run (climate gases from Siberia). The movie also felt professional.
    Some things that you could have said more about is how the global warning affects the animal life and ecosystem. The animals will have to adjust their way of living and it would have been interesting if you brought up how. You could also have mentioned how the plankton in the sea will be affected and how that affects the wildlife at the place.
    You told us a lot of facts in only five minutes and seemed to know what you were talking about even though you sometimes could have spoken more freely and some pronunciations could have been improved.
    Well done!
    //Sara Malmquist